- Stunning Bath home features Urban Front oak doors
A stylish new low energy home within a World Heritage Site on the outskirts of Bath is one of the latest projects to feature an e98 passiv front door from UK manufacturer Urban Front.
- 5 days ago 14 Aug 18, 6:35pm -
- Saint-Gobain launches free nZEB training courses
The Saint-Gobain Ireland Technical Academy is adding to its existing training portfolio by launching a series of free nZEB modular courses. Starting this July, these innovative nZEB courses will offer those working in construction in Ireland a chance to upskill, free of charge, in an increasingly regulated area of the construction industry.
- 5 days ago 14 Aug 18, 6:32pm -
- Government failing to act on radon in rented houses
Consultation on rental standards also criticised.
- 7 days ago 13 Aug 18, 12:19pm -
- Passive Sills gets Agrément cert
Passive Sills, the Cork-based manufacturer of insulated window sills, has now received an NSAI Agrément certificate for its passive sills system. The company also told Passive House Plus that it was expecting to get its British Board of Agrément certificate imminently, too.
- 7 days ago 13 Aug 18, 12:13pm -
- Hi-therm+ wins construction product of the year
Keystone’s Hi-therm+ lintel has won construction product of the year at the 2018 Irish Construction Industry Awards.
- 11 days ago 9 Aug 18, 2:00pm -
- nZEB Ireland launched at national conference
nZEB Ireland, an independent not-for-profitorganization established to fill the knowledgegap on the EU’s nearly zero energybuilding (nZEB) standard in Ireland, hasbeen launched.
- 11 days ago 9 Aug 18, 1:53pm -
- Landmark West Yorkshire mill rebuilt with Nudura ICF
Corn Mill Farm, a landmark oldmill building in West Yorkshire,has undergone an extensive rebuildand renovation using Nudurainsulated concrete formwork (ICF)panels to bring it up to modernstandards of comfort and energyefficiency, while retaining its originalappearance.
- 11 days ago 9 Aug 18, 1:50pm -
- New non-domestic Part L will prove a “culture shock” — Net Zero
The new Part L of the building regulations for non-domestic buildings will provide something of a culture shock to the industry, according to Brian Byrne of energy consultancy Net Zero, unless it quickly gets to grip with the new standard.
- 11 days ago 9 Aug 18, 1:46pm -
- MBC blitzes airtight test on latest passive house project
Leading low energy timber framemanufacturer MBC Timber Framehas completed work on another projectaiming for the passive house standard.
- 13 days ago 7 Aug 18, 12:50pm -
- Hi-therm+ wins Housebuilder building fabric award
Keystone Lintels has won the ‘best building fabric product’ award at the 2018 Housebuilder Product Awards for the company’s Hi-therm+ lintel.
- 13 days ago 7 Aug 18, 12:47pm -
- New IGBC scheme measures carbon footprint of building materials
The Irish Green Building Council has launched a new programmeto measure the carbon footprint of construction products.The Environmental Product Declaration Ireland Programme (EPDIreland) allows manufacturers to publish independently verifiedinformation about the environmental footprint of their products.
- 13 days ago 7 Aug 18, 12:44pm -
- Ground-breaking Glavloc completes latest low energy rapid build
Glavloc has recently completed a 129 square metre three-bedroom house in Carrickmines, Dublin, using the company’s innovative rapid-build construction system, which combines off site manufacturing and on-site assembly
- 13 days ago 7 Aug 18, 12:39pm -
- Flynn HRV appoints new design engineer
Leading ventilation experts FlynnHeat Recovery have announced theappointment of John Corroon in a designand technical sales role at the company.
- 13 days ago 7 Aug 18, 12:34pm -
- Ultra Quiet Ecodan takes heat pumps to the next level
Mitsubishi Electric has launched some of the quietest air source heat pumps ever available to offer complete flexibility on where units can be installed – while boosting the unit’s energy efficiency by 7%.
- 13 days ago 7 Aug 18, 12:31pm -
- Naas homes feature Daikin Altherma heat pumps
A new housing development in Naas, Co. Kildare is showing the way forwardfor Irish residential development, with its combination of fabric-firstconstruction and the latest heat pump technology from Daikin.
- 13 days ago 7 Aug 18, 12:27pm -
- DLR social housing gets Home Performance Index silver cert
Irish Green Building Council has awarded the exactingHome Performance Index silver certification to a multi-unitsocial housing development in Dún Laoghaire.
- 16 days ago 3 Aug 18, 3:15pm -
- Diasen thermal lime plaster features on RTE renovation
Ecological Building Systems featured on a recent episode of RTE’s The Great House Revival. The show, which is presented by architect Hugh Wallace, follows homeowners undertaking the arduous task of transforming derelict properties into modern buildings.
- 16 days ago 3 Aug 18, 3:12pm -
- Ecological host UK-wide airtightness seminars
To celebrate BBA approval of its Pro Clima Intello Plus intelligentairtight membrane, Ecological Building Systems and Pro Clima haveannounced a seminar tour that will bring airtightness insights to fivelocations around the UK.
- 16 days ago 3 Aug 18, 3:09pm -
- Beam announces passive house cert for MVHR system
Industry-leading mechanical ventilation company Beam Vacuum & Ventilation has announced their Axco HERU 100T mechanical ventilation with heat recovery (MVHR) unit is now a certified passive house component.
- 16 days ago 3 Aug 18, 3:06pm -
- Aru Joinery wins sustainable building award
Dublin-based Aru Joinery has picked up the award for best window and doors installation company at Build magazine’s 2018 Sustainable Building Awards.
- 16 days ago 3 Aug 18, 3:02pm -