- New property finance platform offers chance to invest in Dublin passive house
PropertyBridges.com, a new “peer to peer” property investment company that aims to connect small-scale investors and local developers, has announced the launch of its first investment opportunity — a passive house project in Dublin.
- 16 days ago 5 Nov 18, 5:57pm -
- Origen launches De Dietrich heat pumps
Leading heating specialist Origen Energy has launched the new range of De Dietrich Alezio Easylife air-to-water heat pumps to the Irish market. The Easylife range features a line-up of heat pumps ranging in output from 4.5kW to 16kW and is available with domestic hot water cylinders ranging in size from 150 to 300 litres.
- 26 days ago 26 Oct 18, 11:34am -
- BEAM introduces new high spec MVHR control panel
Industry-leading mechanical ventilation company BEAM Vacuum & Ventilation has introduced a new user-friendly, high specification digital control panel for their popular Axco C130 Counterflow MVHR system. The aura-t wall mounted panel offers an advanced yet simple-to-use touchscreen controller for programming, commissioning and occupancy control.
- 26 days ago 26 Oct 18, 11:28am -
- Heat Merchants announces €4m expansion, 75 jobs & CO2 pledge
Heat Merchants Group, the largest suppliers of heating, plumbing and home improvement materials to the professional and retail markets in Ireland, recently announced the creation of up to 75 new jobs in a €4 million investment programme that will see the opening of nine new Heat Merchants branches, and four additional Tubs & Tiles showrooms, over the next three years.
- 26 days ago 26 Oct 18, 11:24am -
- Meet nZEB with the new Amvic 300 ICF System
Leading insulated concrete formwork (ICF) manufacturer Amvic Ireland says that its new Amvic 300 ICF system contributes significantly to achieving the nZEB standard in new buildings, following a fresh energy assessment of some of the company’s previous projects.
- 26 days ago 26 Oct 18, 11:15am -
- Performance gap much smaller for passive homes, research finds
Dwellings built to passive standard consistently perform much closer to designtargets, authors conclude.
- 26 days ago 26 Oct 18, 10:37am -
- Study: extreme overheating not reflected in building simulations
Dangerous overheating in buildings may not be showing up in desktop studies, new research suggests.
- 26 days ago 26 Oct 18, 10:30am -
- 19 major cities commit to zero carbon buildings
London has joined 18 other cities around the world, including Paris, New York and Tokyo, in a landmark commitment to make all new buildings “zero carbon” by 2030. Regulations and planning policy will also target existing buildings to make them net-zero carbon by 2050.
- 28 days ago 24 Oct 18, 8:05pm -
- New research finds air pollution particles in human placentas
Evidence of tiny particles of carbon,typically created by burning fossilfuels, has been found in human placentasfor the first time, in early-stage researchat Queen Mary University London.
- 29 days ago 23 Oct 18, 4:58pm -
- Residents move into Shropshire passive house scheme
A £2m passive house residential scheme has now been handed over to residents in Shropshire. The mix of one, two and three-bedroom homes in Callaughtons Ash, Much Wenlock, comprises ten homes for social rental and two in shared ownership.
- 29 days ago 23 Oct 18, 4:51pm -
- Passive houses open to public this November
The International Passive House Days, during which passive house residents open their doors to members of the public, takes place this year from 9 to 11 November.
- 33 days ago 19 Oct 18, 10:52am -
- Eoin Leonard of i3PT nominated for entrepreneurial award
Eoin Leonard, CEO of i3PT Certification, has been named an EY Entrepreneur of the Year finalist for 2018.
- 34 days ago 18 Oct 18, 12:33pm -
- Tramex launches two new data loggers for buildings
Tramex, the Irish designer and manufacturer of moisture monitors, has launched two new FeedBack DataLoggers — the DL-RHTA and DL-RHTX — for monitoring ambient conditions in buildings.
- 34 days ago 18 Oct 18, 12:27pm -
- Health & well-being the focus of Better Homes 2018
The Irish Green Building Council will host its Better Homes 2018 conference in the Alex Hotel, Dublin on Thursday 8 November.
- 34 days ago 18 Oct 18, 12:20pm -
- New NUIG study to examine ventilation in A-rated homes
A research project examining the effectiveness of ventilation systems in low energy homes is one of 45 new sustainable energy projects to receive government funding in companies and institutions across Ireland.
- 34 days ago 18 Oct 18, 12:13pm -
- Building industry must tackle gender imbalance — CIF
The construction industry needs more femaleworkers to meet current demand for skills and todeliver Ireland’s urgent housing and infrastructureneeds, construction leaders say.
- 34 days ago 18 Oct 18, 12:08pm -
- New UK retrofit standard will mandate ventilation & post occupancy checks
PAS 2035 follows high profile retrofit failures under government schemes
- 34 days ago 18 Oct 18, 12:02pm -
- UK Passivhaus Awards to be presented at London Build
The annual UK Passivhaus Awards take place this year on 24 October at the London Build trade fair.
- 42 days ago 10 Oct 18, 11:00am -
- Charlie Luxton launches Ecological’s UK seminar tour
Charlie Luxton will speak at the first event in Ecological’s Perfect Airtight Seal on 16 October at the National Self Build and Renovation Centre, Swindon, while the London event on 18 October will take place in the Building Centre.
- 42 days ago 10 Oct 18, 10:33am -
- Sola recruiting two building services engineers
SOLA Energy Solutions, the pioneering Tipperary based deep retrofit contractor, is currently seeking to hire two mechanical/building service engineers to join its growing team.
- 44 days ago 8 Oct 18, 12:56pm -