- Zero carbon standard launched for Irish homes
The Irish Green Building Council launched a zero-carbon standard for new homes at its Better Homes conference in Dublin today, Thursday November 7. The new standard will enable Irish home builders to offer certified zero carbon homes to home buyers.
- 15 days ago 7 Nov 19, 3:45pm -
- ‘Bottom up’ approach can kick-start retrofit, report finds
A new report has advocated a 'bottom-up'approach as an effective way to deliver thedeep retrofit of the UK's building stock at scale.
- 22 days ago 31 Oct 19, 9:46am -
- Alliance for Sustainable Building Products opens awards for entries
The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products (ASBP) has announced that theASBP Awards 2020 are now open for entries.
- 22 days ago 31 Oct 19, 9:31am -
- New airtight London apartments near completion
A new apartment development in one of South London’s up and coming districts is making use of Magply boards’ fire resistance and other performance characteristics, as the lining to a bespoke timber frame package.
- 22 days ago 31 Oct 19, 9:25am -
- NBT begins merger with Soprema
NBT, the UK supplier of Pavatex insulationand airtightness products, has completedthe first phase of a merger with building productsgiant, Soprema.
- 30 days ago 23 Oct 19, 4:09pm -
- Blowerproof used to seal Sandycove passive house
A new Dublin passive house is aimingto achieve the required standard ofairtightness using using an innovative newapplication of Blowerproof liquid airtightmembrane. Blowerproof liquid airtightmembrane is a BBA certified product withClass C fire rating, which has been used widelyon passive house projects across Europe forthe last 10 years.
- 30 days ago 23 Oct 19, 3:59pm -
- Lidan complete ecological NZEB rapid build for DLR
A highly sustainable rapid-build dwelling built for Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council may be one of the first, if not the first ever dwelling, completely finished off-site in Ireland .
- 30 days ago 23 Oct 19, 3:55pm -
- A1 Dublin & Kildare homes move towards zero energy
Towards Zero Energy Ltd has justcompleted eight months monitoring offive dwellings in the Dublin region that itupgraded to A1 BERs last year under SEAI’sDeep Retrofit Pilot Programme. The dwellingswere typical suburban 1950s to 1970stwo-storey, semi-detached/terraced housesand all were three or four bedrooms in size.
- 39 days ago 14 Oct 19, 7:09pm -
- New building regs “tragic” for external insulation market
There is growing concern in the retrofitindustry that incoming changesto Part L of the building regulations,set to come into force this November,could decimate the market for externalinsulation.
- 39 days ago 14 Oct 19, 6:59pm -
- Greenbuild Europe 2020 to take place in Dublin
The third annual Greenbuild Europe conference will be held in Dublin on 24-25 March 2020, at the Croke Park conference centre.
- 39 days ago 14 Oct 19, 6:50pm -
- Dun Laoghaire to host World NZEB Forum in November
Minister for finance Pascal Donohoe TD announced the World Nearly Zero Energy Building (NZEB) Forum at government buildings recently, to be held in Dún Laoghaire on 13-14 November.
- 46 days ago 7 Oct 19, 3:59pm -
- Norwich passive house scheme wins Stirling Prize
The Goldsmith Street development in Norwich has become both the first social housing scheme and the first passive house certified project to win the Stirling Prize, British architecture’s most prestigious award.
- 46 days ago 7 Oct 19, 3:50pm -
- UK housing market must start demanding much higher quality - Ecomerchant
The entire UK housing market — from self-builders and house buyers through to large-scale developers, housing associations and local authorities — must start demanding a much higher level of quality from new homes in order to ensure the market delivers buildings that are genuinely healthy, sustainable and low energy. That is according to Will Kirkman, managing director of leading sustainable b…
- 52 days ago 1 Oct 19, 4:44pm -
- Green Building Store launches new energy model service
Green Building Store has announced the launch of a newservice that is now included at no extra charge in its productpackages.
- 52 days ago 1 Oct 19, 4:26pm -
- Future Found gets BBA Cert for insulated foundation system
Build-Lite, the leading manufacturer and supplier of innovative building products for low energy buildings, has announced that its Future Found insulated foundation system has received BBA certification. Future Found is a trenchless foundation system, manufactured in the UK, that uses high-density EPS insulation.
- 58 days ago 25 Sep 19, 3:50pm -
- Ecological announce thermal modelling service
Ecological Building Systems have announced the addition of a new thermal modelling service to their existing array of technical services. Ecological technical team member Joe Fitzgerald recently successfully completed the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) approved thermal modellers examination in Dublin Technological University. Fitzgerald is now listed on the NSAI thermal modellers r…
- 58 days ago 25 Sep 19, 3:44pm -
- VentHeat launch compact heat pump & MVHR systems to Ireland
VentHeat, a new Irish company specialising in heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems for passive house and low energy buildings, has launched the Pichler PKOM4 compact heat pump system to the Irish market. The system combines heating, cooling, ventilation and domestic hot water in one passive house certified unit with a footprint of less than 0.75 m2.
- 58 days ago 25 Sep 19, 3:38pm -
- WWHR an easy & costeffective route to Part L compliance — Showersave
Antrim-based company Showersave say that the imminent inclusion of wastewater heat recovery in the new DEAP 4.2.0 software, set to be launched on 16 September, will provide developers, designers and builders with a simple and cost-effective new way to help ensure Part L compliance and achieve better building energy ratings.
- 58 days ago 25 Sep 19, 3:33pm -
- Passive House conference comes to China
The 23rd annual International Passive House Conference takes place outside of Europe for the first time ever this year, with the Chinese city of Gaobeidian hosting the event on 9 to 11 October. This year’s conference was rescheduled after originally being set for 21 and 22 September.
- 58 days ago 25 Sep 19, 3:28pm -
- Energy Action to host 8th fuel poverty conference
Energy Action is hosting its eighth annual Fuel Poverty Conference in Dublin on 21 October 2019, at the Croke Park Conference Centre. The Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment Richard Bruton TD will open the conference.
- 58 days ago 25 Sep 19, 3:11pm -